Now it's official! I have knitted my first pair of socks . And I made J.R. to wear my white tights so I could get a nice picture of them. He does basically anything for me if I just ask. Anyway. I said that I would fix all the bugs with the next socks... but I didn't. I ran into the same troubles but I still didn't know what to do with them. But I should look at the bright side: they look more alike now.
I haven't started the Kiwi heads yet. I just need a little break from knitting, so I've been working on my fawn instead. I started the fawn for like ages ago, but I didn't have wire for the legs so I had to put it aside. I like to modify amigurumi patterns, mostly because I want to make something new and unique. So for the body and the head I followed Beth Doherty's "Friends Forever Fawn" pattern from her book, "Amigurumi Super Happy Crochet Cute", but for the legs I decided to make eight spider legs. It was actually J.R's idea, I was going to give her just six regular legs at first.
I finally got some wire, but now I'm not exactly happy with the legs. I could have done them so much better. But this project is just so uninspiring at the moment that I want to move onto the next project. I won't redo anything.
PS: The fawn's project name "Fairytale Gone Bad" comes from a Finnish pop song. You can view the music video here on Youtube.