Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fairytale finally finished

"Straight out of a children's fairytale, this sweet fawn's eyes will melt your heart". That's how the "Friends Forever Fawn" pattern is introduced in Amigurumi Super Happy Crochet Cute book. But I think that my version of this fawn is more out of a children's nightmares... I'm super happy that J.R. gave me the idea of spider legs, because they turned out so cute!


But honestly, those eight legs were awful to make. I attached some cotton wool around the wire legs to make them soft and nice to touch. After that I sewed the crocheted pieces around the padded legs (And you can see in the picture how uninspired I was when sewing the legs. My stitches are all over the place). It would have been a bit nicer without the stripes. I'm not so keen on switching the color all the time.

Ready to give a neck massage?

I also wanted to give small wings to my fawn. I took the tail from the "Skelly Fish" pattern and for the second wing J.R. helped me to reverse it. I think they made an awesome wings and I like the way they sit just above the legs.

"Fairytale Gone Bad" is actually my second "Amigurumi Super Happy Crochet Cute" modification. I have made alien piglet earlier. I didn't modified the pattern much, I just used unusual colors and plastic cat eyes.

Mischievous but still somehow harmless. That's my alien piglet.

And there is still at least one modification to come! I'm going to take the "Werner the Wiener Dog" pattern and turn it to a green myriapod.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love this piglet! What a cutie!

MysteryKnitter said...

You certainly know how to hold a hook!

Post a Comment