Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Grannie's traditional pot holder?

My ex-tea cozy is progressing sloooowly. I have my university entrance exams coming in a month so I really have to study. And that means not to knit. I've managed to knit only few rows, but I now know for sure that it's way too small. I really don't like when my projects won't go as I want them to..


That's the tea cozy we normally use. As you can see, my Grannie's traditional is quite a bit smaller. I'm sure it won't stretch enough to be usable, at least as a tea cozy. Since the knit is quite thick, Amoena suggested to just make a pot holder. I think I'm going to go with that. Mother's day is coming soon too so I can give it to my mom. If I can finish it by then. That way I don't have to watch my failure around our kitchen.

7 comments:

Elina said...

This is so funny. :D :D

J.R. said...

Glad to hear that my misfortune amuses you :(

Susie said...

What a cute cozy/hot pot holder! No matter what it is, it's lovely. Nice blog!

ELINA said...

No offense meant, J.R. :) Doesn't it make it more interesting when you never know what you're going to get in the end? Good luck with those exams.

J.R. said...

Susie: Thanks!

Elina: No offence taken. Yeah, it might make it more interesting, but I still don't like it. One reason might be that when I'm making something, I have some kind of vision what it should be in the end. When I don't get it, I feel like I have failed. And vice versa, when I get it, I really feel that I succeeded, that I'm the best. Most of the times, the failure can be made into something else, but since I suck in improvising it takes me time and effort to come up with a new plan. Luckily I have Amoena telling me to make my failures into pot holders.

And thanks, I really feel that I'm going to need some luck.

Elina said...

Sounds like you're a perfectionist. :p It should bode well for your exams...Well, at least you'll have pot holders to last a life time!

MysteryStitcher said...

I hope you will manage well in the exams.

Post a Comment