Friday, June 5, 2009

Bamboo-knitting

Wohoo! My university entrance exams are over! And they went well! I can knit again in peace without thinking that I shouldn't be knitting but reading.

The exam was held in Helsinki, so I decided to check out Taito Shop Helsky at the same trip. After a quick stroll around the shop and a little chat with the saleswomen, I found out that they have bamboo-needles and some rarer yarns (=not sold in Prisma) so my original plan to just take a look got changed. I needed to find some yarns for Amoena to choose from for her Shawl Collar Vest by Amanda Berka I planned to cast on, so I took a few photos of the yarns I liked. Unfortunately they didn't have the 5mm needles I was looking for so I decided to go home empty handed.

Later in the afternoon after I had shown Amoena the photos, we decided to take a new visit there. This time together, so that Amoena can choose the color she wants. We took Papu with us since we didn't want to leave her home by herself, so the day was quite exciting for her too, as the center of attention, especially in the shop. I really wanted to try those bamboo-needles, so I bought a pair of 4.5mm needles by Addi. Not just what I wanted, but close enough. And Amoena chose the yarn she liked: wool-bamboo yarn Panda in green by Kauhavan Kangasaitta

Bamboo-knitting: light, smooth and easy.

The saleswomen in Taito Shop Helsky also invited us to WWKiPDay Helsinki . Their plan is to get people to knit some pot holders at the park across the street from their shop and leave the FOs there for anyone to take who needs them. They even sponsor the yarns so you don't have to use your own. You can find more information from their flyer: neulontapäivä (pdf in Finnish). If the weather is nice, you can most likely find us, and Papu, there!

No comments:

Post a Comment