Saturday, June 13, 2009

TYLC out in the wild

Today I knitted, or crocheted actually, first time in public. We participated in the WWKIPDay, in which we were invited by the people from Taito Helsky. It was quite a lot of fun. We crocheted, ate peas and enjoyed the weather, which in the end was very nice despite the forecast. Papu seemed to have quite a lot of fun too. She met a lot of people, few dogs and loved the peapods.

We crocheted, according to Taito Helskys plan, pot holders. I'm very pleased with mine, but Amoena didn't do as well. She wanted to make a simple, round pot holder. I hadn't printed any patterns for that so I just said her what to do, but it didn't work quite as well as I thought. Amoena is used to crochet amigurumis, so she crochets very tight. So her pot holder didn't stay flat because of the few extra stitches here and there.

Mine on the other hand stayed very flat. The pattern I used was Creadoos Gehaekelte Topflappen . The pattern is in German, so it took some time to make a rought translation. Luckily the pattern was quite simple.

Yellow and white with the flower-pattern give the pot holder summery look

I left my pot holder to the park for anyone to take, as it was planned by Taito Helsky. We put a little ad of our blog on it, so if you picked it up and found here, please drop a comment. I'd like to hear that my pot holder found a home.

1 comment:

MysteryStitcher said...

Ihana! Aivan mahtava!

Post a Comment