Sunday, July 5, 2009

One lovely blog, one lovely dog

We got an "One Lovely Blog" award from Alexandra of Wool & Cotton. Thank you! Your blog is very, very lovely too! And I'm sure that J.R. agrees with me. He agrees with me almost all the time. According to my friend that's boring, but I don't mind. It's more boring to fight over stupid things. Anyway. I should pass the award to 15 other bloggers of lovely blogs, but honestly... I read only lovely blogs, and there are slightly more of them than 15 (more like 150) and I can't pass the award to everyone. So I don't pass it to anyone.

J.R. didn't mention his new fine wood knitting needles in his last post as I said he would. He said that he forgot, but he should apologize this sad incident. I know you were expecting it, probably checking our blog on a daily basis just to see them as soon as possible. And he forgot! Shame on you, J.R. You're disappointing all of our (Three? Five?) readers! It's your fault if no one reads our blog anymore!

Anyway. I have news for you! I finished Papu's hexagon blanket . For real! Due to my severe laziness it took a month to crochet, but it was worth it. I love it and I hope that Papu loves it too. At least it seems like she does.

She's so adorable with her new blanket. If you don't believe me, here's a close-up. Such a sleeping beauty! I kinda like the fact that she's starting to look less cute and more like beautiful dog that can be taken seriously. After all, I wanted a dog. Not a baby or a sofa cushion.

Some of you (probably the minority, though) are probably more interested in technical details than Papu. That's OK and that's how it should be. This is, after all, a knit & crochet blog. Anyway. I made exactly 45 hexagons for this blanket. Sometimes I made none for days, sometimes I crocheted more than three in a day. I felt no pressure to finish this so I made it only when I really felt like crocheting (or accomplishing things). Even though all the hexagons are identical they weren't boring to crochet, thanks to color changes. Weaving in the ends... that's a whole another story.

As you can see, I added a nice gray border to the blanket. I felt that it wasn't finished without it. I could have kept adding new and new hexagons to it. Now that it has a border, it has an end. I can't add more hexagons to it. It's done. Finished. As this blog post is too.

7 comments:

kod ekle said...

Wonderful!!Greetings from Turkey.Have a nice day.

Päivi Eerola said...

So adorable! Both Papu and the blanket!

Elina said...

Papu really seems to like it. :)

KrisW said...

Congrats on the blanket :) Papu seems to adore it!

Amoena said...

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Alexandra said...

Congratulations! The blanket is perfect! Papu looks so cute with it!

MysteryStitcher said...

Congrats! It is pretty!

Post a Comment