Monday, July 20, 2009

Online shopping

I was supposed to post this last week, but as usual, "tomorrow" turned into "on the weekend" which turned into "on Monday". Anyway, I ordered some yarn online for the first time some time ago. I wanted to get some elastic yarn for few possible projects, and only labels I found were Cascade Yarns' Fixation and Elann's Esprit . They are actually quite identic, both have 98.3% cotton and 1.7% elastic, so the only difference was the colors.

I found neither of the yarns in Helsinki, so I decided to order online. I found a couple of online shops which had Cascade Yarns' Fixation in stock, but Elann's Esprit I found only at their own website. Elann has higher postal expenses, but since Fixation is almost twice as expensive as Esprit, I decided to order from them. Though paying as much for the postals as for the yarn feels quite bad.

3 skeins of both Wine (3794) and Peacock Green (2772)

I really like the colors. I read that the yarns are much darker than in the photos on the website so I was a bit suspicious. But the difference was very small. I haven't even taken the plastic off because after that I want to try knitting the yarn and then cast on something new and my Bella Paquita will stay unfinished forever.

I'm also very pleased with the speed of delivery. I ordered the yarns (and a hook for Amoena) on the 8th of July, and I picked it up at the local post office on the 14th. 6 days from Canada to Finland is quite fast.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Very nice yarn! And that is very fast too!

I have something for you and Amoena on my blog! :)

Post a Comment