Monday, August 24, 2009

Some shorts and socks

I finally finished my Assets of Evo . A week ago actually, as usual. Being mostly just stockinette, it was a bit boring knit so I'm glad that it's finished. I had to unravel almost half of it because it was way too big. The hip size was perfect, but the length was a problem. I don't know if I knit too loosely or what, but it simply wasn't small and cute anymore. I took about 20 rows out and didn't add any short rows to the crotch, and now it fits perfectly.

Amoena sure looks great in these. No photos for you, for my eyes only.

I also left the legs shorter than the pattern suggested. I knitted just five rows: knit, increase, knit, change to cc, knit, bo. The ruffle was bit more dramatic than I thought it would be, but Amoena likes it.

Because of my adjustments even the smallest tree of life was too big so I had to make some adjustments and leave few stitches here and there out to make it fit.

I also finished a pair of socks . A friend of mine has a birthday soon so I decided to knit her a pair of socks. Personal, inexpensive and unique. Couldn't be better. The pattern I chose was January Girl . It was simple to knit and looks great. Perfect for someone who doesn't know anything about knitting.

Simple is beautiful.

My friend has small feet so I used just 54 co stitches. In the pattern there's two always knitted stitches in the middle, but I have only one. That way I managed to fit those 6 pattern repeats in 54 stitches.

If there's a way without picking up stitches, I'm going that way.

I'm not a big fan of picking up stitches. That's why I wanted to use hourglass heel instead of the one pattern suggests. I wrote the instructions down just in case someone else wants to make it this way too.

I also didn't like how the original toe looked so I used round toe instead. So quite a bit modified, but looks good.

3 comments:

Elina said...

You make knitting sound like rocket science. Cc? Bo?? In any case, I'm definitely going to knit socks for myself one day..

The shorts look nice, though I wouldn't recognize them as such if I didn't know :D

J.R. said...

Elina: cc = contrasting color, bo = bind off. You'll most likely get familiar with these after a few projects.

Amoena seems to like those too. And yeah, that's a problem with some of the small clothes, they just look like a lump of yarn if not weared.

MysteryStitcher said...

Kivan näköiset! Ja nätit sukat.

Post a Comment