My cable-y knee highs are finally finished! Took me almost two months, which is almost embarrassing long for a pair of socks. Long ones with small needles and thin yarn, but still. I know I didn't knit these as often as I could have.
The socks fit quite nicely. It's just the right size. It's quite tight when pulling over the heel but stays up nicely and looks neither loose nor tight. Most likely it'll loosen a bit at the tightest parts after a little use.
I also managed to write and test a pattern for it. It still needs quite a lot of tweaking and styling before it's ready to be published. And I also have a little moral problem. Since the pattern is heavily inspired by commercial product, I'm not quite sure if it's ok to post a pattern for it. Though I think that that kind of "stealing" is quite usual since everything has already been done. I have to think about it.
I think I won't be knitting any socks or cables anytime soon. Especially not cables. At least not much. I've had enough of those for a while. My next project is going to be something simpler. Something with just knits and purls with larger needles. And something for myself for a change.