Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The cutest dog hat in the universe?

It's winter and the winters can get really really really cold in Finland... so I thought I should knit a hat for Papu to protect her thin ears from freezing. You see, Papu absolutely hates when it's cold, and she's very sensitive for cold too. She's shivering even when she's wearing her winter coat and sometimes she looks like she needs some booties too. So what kind of bad mother would I be if I wouldn't knit her a hat? Right? So I chose a nice yarn from a yarn store, casted on, knitted, crocheted and voilá, I got the cutest dog hat in the universe:

Project info
Name: To humiliate a dog
Pattern: To humiliate the dog by Amoena Di
Craft: Knitting & Crocheting
Made for: Papu
Size: Small

Needle size: US 4 / 3.5 mm
Hook size: 4.0 mm (G)
Yarn: Sandnes Garn Alfa Glitter
How much?: 1 skein = 65.0 yards (59.4m)
Color family: Gray

Like how cute is she? Are there even enough words to describe her cuteness? Me thinks not! And that's why we wrote a pattern for it, so you can make your dog equally cute! It's super easy and fast!

Download the (COMPLETELY FREE) pattern here!
ERRATA: The first dc in the second ear row is, of course, a chain of 3 :)

12 comments:

Wilma Fingerdu said...

LoL LOVE IT!

Fee- said...

Supercute!

Elina said...

I like the photo of her standing staring straight at you the best. =)

Deniselle is totally loving those photos too and showed them to her gf as well. :D

Antti said...

oh no - I'm happy she doesn't really know how she looks like... :-)

Inka said...

Lovely! I have to make one for my dog too :D

La Mañosa said...

Aww, this is so cute! Luckily, dogs never seem as humiliated when you dress them up as cats do.

Anonymous said...

Papu is soooo adorable!

Anonymous said...

shes so cute i just eanna hug er

kalyxcorn said...

oooh i love your hat! :)

Selina said...

So Awesome!!!! I have a Min Pin and a Chi:) I'm going to share this with my Min Pin rescue group and Face Book!!! Thank You!!!

Kristy said...

This is super cute. I wonder if I could sew a hat like this..... I don't know how to knit crochet or any of that. I'm glad I stumbled across this. Very good job!!

Shelley B. said...

so cute. my min pin Pinnie looks just like your dog. same color and everything. i will be making her one too. thanks.
:)

Post a Comment