Monday, December 14, 2009

Something for her and him

It's been like forever since the last update. Again. I can't even justify it with school or something because I haven't had that much to do. Well, better later than never, right? Right? Luckily Amoena has posted few times.

I've had actually two projects I've been working on, as some of you might have noticed from the sidebar. Now I finally managed to get some photos of them too. Papu got her tooth on Amoena's socks , the ones I knitted for her last Christmas, and did some damage:

Maybe bit too much ventilation for the winter?

So I promised to knit her new ones, since she was busy with her socks and mittens and something. I wanted to make something simple but pretty. I also wanted to use Novita 7 Veljestä. It's quite thick and we have it quite a lot laying around so I didn't have to find anything else. And it's great for socks.

Hopefully not too much ventilation for the winter

Project info
Name: New socks for Amoena
Pattern: Horcrux Socks by Susan Lawrence
Craft: Knitting
Size: EU38

Needle: US 6 / 4.0 mm

Yarn: Novita 7 Veljestä
Colorway: 010
Color family: Natural

The pattern was great. Easy and simple enough so I could just knit without pattern or notes. I hope it takes at least a year too before Papu decides to taste these.

The another project I've been working on, is for myself . It also might be the biggest project I've done so far. I found the pattern last spring but decided to leave it for the fall. Woolen cardigans aren't that good in the summer.

The backlight makes me look fat

The pattern is Sampo by Tuulia Salmela. I'm using 4mm needles and Sandnes Garn Smart, which might be my new favorite yarn. I'm still missing sleeves and collar so I got some work to do but it already looks great. I can't wait to see it finished.

2 comments:

Elina said...

Fat? You must be joking :D

Those socks are very purty. The natural white is such a beautiful colour. Don't let Papu hold them in her mouth for a second :D

J.R. said...

Elina: Thanks! And you can clearly see a bulge at the stomach :(

Post a Comment