Friday, February 5, 2010

Long gone before daylight

I knitted a cardigan during the Christmas vacation, but since it didn't turn out so right, I still haven't figure out what to do with it. It's a real dilemma. It looks quite nice and the color is great, but the sleeves are too tight and I'm not so sure about the overall fit either. I added some cables to the backside, because I just love cables, but they seemed to ruin the hem.

The hem looks quite decent when I'm wearing the cardigan, but the problem is more visible when the cardigan is flattened against the floor. I'm sure that some blocking would do wonders, but on the other hand I'm not sure if it's enough to save the whole cardigan. Decisions, decisions...
I like the cables though. I took the pattern from the book I gave for J.R. for Christmas: "The Harmony Guides: Cables & Arans" and I think it works really well in the back. It just gives the cardigan that "extra something" and makes it look more like me.

The cardigan doesn't actually fit as nicely as in the picture: I'm stretching the hem to show off the cables. There's no picture from the front side, because there is nothing to see there. That's how this cardigan works. Anyway. What is your opinion: should I block it or frog it?

5 comments:

Artesanity said...

It looks awesome! Try washing it in 30C or so... it might help. Then when it's still wet try to block it or pull it to shape.

Sarah Cameron said...

I'm definitely voting for block it!

-maria- said...

The cables are beutiful! If the hem looks quite ok when worn I'd just try to block it. No frogging, definitely!

Amoena said...

Thanks! I think I'm going to block it since you all seems to agree about that :D

Elina said...

The cables look really interesting. I agree on trying to block it, but my advise is that if something doesn't feel just right, you're unlikely to ever wear it... at least it seems to be the case for me. It does look really good, it's only a problem of whether it fits like you want it to fit.

Post a Comment