Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome home new puppy!

We got a new puppy about a week ago. Her name is Niila and she's a miniature pinscher too. When we got Papu, I crocheted her a hexagon blanket . It turned out really nice and Papu seems to still like it. And it's been a great help when we have been traveling. She'll always have something familiar with her, no matter where we go. So of course I crocheted a blanket for Niila too!

First I thought about crocheting a completely different kind of blanket for Niila to enhance the difference of the dogs. Papu is black&tan and Niila is brown, Papu is very timid and Niila is everything but. But no matter how hard I tried to find a nice pattern for a crochet blanket, I couldn't find one nicer than Lucy's hexagon pattern . So I just decided to crochet another hexagon blanket, this time with different colors though.


Project info
Name: Welcome home new puppy
Pattern: Hexagon How-To by Lucy of Attic24
Craft: Crochet
Made for: the new puppy!
Size: 45 hexagons

Hook: 4.0 mm (G)
Yarn: Novita 7 Veljestä


I'm not particularly pleased with the colors I chose, but at least the colors go together quite nicely. And Niila seems to like her blanket too. She has already tested that it's suitable for sleeping and playing. And naturally the little monster has already peed on it. Luckily it's totally washable.

So welcome home new puppy!

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

That is the way it is with the little puppies. They mark every single place.

Post a Comment