Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas dilemmas

I have finished several knitted Christmas presents during this month, but because my family might visit our blog I can't show them here. I wonder how other knit bloggers survive through Christmas? I find it really hard to write a knitting blog without any actual knitted content to show! Am I supposed to just babble like this? Without any pretty pictures? J.R. is so not helping this situation either; he's currently knitting a sweater for himself and a scarf, and he's not going to finish them any time soon. Uh-oh.

By the way, I have decided to knit all the Christmas presents this year, and so far things are looking pretty good! I just need to figure out what to knit for my parents. I feel that they don't need any knitted accessories and I'm having a hard time figuring out what else is there that I could finish before Christmas. And I don't consider "dishcloths" as a realistic answer in this case.

I don't know though was it wise to decide to knit everything... I just thought it might be appropriate since and a knitter and so on. They probably expect something like that from me now that I have knitted for couple of years and became more experienced. It's just that my family doesn't really seem to appreciate knitted items as much as I would like them to. They understand that it takes time and skills to knit things, but they don't probably understand how much effort it takes to choose what to knit for everyone. It's a bigger job than to go to a store and pick something ready from the shelf, at least for me. But let's just see how this works out. Maybe next year I give them nothing but chocolate?

4 comments:

o_O said...

Good luck with the knitted presents - I love giving them but like you I like them to be appreciated otherwise it's just not as fun. I'm lucky, my Mum, Nanna and sister all appreciate knitted stuff so I save it all for them :-D

Heidi J (Rav-Jellybean)

Elina said...

I agree, maybe you could give something else to people who clearly don't appreciate knitted stuff... it would probably be cheaper too. :D

Btw if you feel like blogging about something knitting related but don't have a FO to show, why not just include a picture of some yarn you've bought, just as a decoration. I like looking at pictures of yarn :D Any picture would help...

Amoena said...

Elina: I have never thought of posting pictures of yarn. I don't know why, that's actually a really nice idea. Now I just need to buy yarn since it would be weird to post something like "I bought this yarn two months ago" :D

Elina said...

Yes, I wish I blogged more often like that because it does feel stupid to post about yarn that I bought like last year.. :P Yet I always feel so happy after having bought yarn. It should be celebrated by blogging about it...

Post a Comment